• Berman, Claire. Making It as a Stepparent: New Roles/ New Rules. Doubleday Perennial, N.Y. 1986.
• Bray, Dr. James H. and Kelly, John. StepFamilies: Love, Marriage and Parenting in the First Decade. Random House, N.Y. 1998.
• Leman, Dr. Kevin. Living in a Stepfamily without Getting Stepped On – Helping Your Children Survive the Birth Order Blender. Thomas Nelson Publishers, Tn. 1994.
• Mahoney, Margaret. Stepfamilies and the Law. University of Michigan Press, 1994.
• Martin, Wednesday. StepMonster: A New Look at Why Real Mothers Think, Feel and Act the Way We Do. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. 2009.
• Millan and Millan. The Second Wives Club.
• Neuman, M. Gary. Helping Your Kids Cope with Divorce the Sandcastles Way. G.K.N. Corp. 1998.
• Newman, Margaret. Stepfamily Realities. New Harbinger Publishing Co. 1994.
• Norwood, Perdita. The Enlightened Stepmother: Revolutionizing the Role. Avon Books. 1999.
• Papernow, Patricia L. Becoming a Stepfamily: Patterns of Development in Remarried Families. Jossey-Bass Inc., Publishers, San Francisco, CA. 1993.
• Smith, Donna. Stepmothering. St. Martins Press, Inc., N.Y. 1990.
• Visher, Emily and John. How to Win a Stepfamily. Brunner/Mazel. 1991, 2nd edition.
• Wisdom, Susan, LPC and Green, Jennifer. Stepcoupling: Creating and Sustaining a Strong Marriage in Today’s Blended Family. Three Rivers Press, a division of Random House, Inc. N.Y. 2002.
For Children 4-8:
• Ballard, Robin. When I am a Sister. Greenwillow Press.
• Cook, Jean Thor. Room for a Stepdaddy.
• Masurel, Claire. Two Homes. Candlewick Press. 2001.
For Children 8-11:
• Berman, Claire. What Am I Doing in a Stepfamily. Lyle Stuart, Inc. 1982.
• Heegaard, Marge. When a Parent Marries Again. Woodland Press. l993.
• Webber, Ruth. Split Ends. Australian Counsel for Educational Research. 1996.
• Visher, Emily and John. Therapy with Stepfamilies. Brunner/Mazel. 1996.
• Pasley, Kay and Ihinger-Tallman, Marilyn. Stepparenting: Issues in Theory, Research and Practice. Praeger Publishers. 1995.
• National Stepfamily Resource Center. Stepfamily Association of America.